At Alandia we work with an entrepreneurial spirit in providing insurance solutions to customers specific needs and with the best customer experience. Do you see yourself as a part of a committed and progressive team where the end-result is to be the obvious choice for the customer? To our commercial marine insurance unit, we are looking for a: Compliance Specialist
The position in short:
Our marine insurance business has developed positively over the last few years and our insured ship-owners operate vessels on a global scale which brings challenges from a compliance point of view both when acquiring new customers as well as a need to monitor our insured fleet. In this position you will:
- be responsible for the B2B Underwriting Compliance risk assessments, including onboarding and the continuous monitoring of the portfolio
- be responsible for the requirements for the Customer and Broker onboarding process with regards to KYC/AML/CFT and other regulatory risks
- monitor devolvement of any regulatory requirements in the marine insurance area in order continuously improve our process and ascertain we are compliant
- work hands-on with the day-to-day operation in support of the underwriting organisation conduct, and perform a variety of investigation types, including sanctions checks and due diligence
- ascertain that we have relevant customer data in our system from a compliance perspective
You will report directly to the risk owner, that is, the commercial lines director and you will work closely with our underwriting teams, the marine & transport legal team, the business development manager as well as the company's compliance unit.
You will be in a good position to influence and plan your own work as well as the development of the unit. As we are a relatively small organisation you will be able to participate in different types of projects and enhance your competence beyond your own specialist area.
We are looking for a person who:
- has a university degree in law, economics, accounting or similar
- has a business-driven mindset and a genuine interest in the marine insurance industry
- is customer centric and understand our ambitious goal of turning our onboarding process into a customer friendly experience and an efficient process without any trade-offs on regulatory requirements.
- has a track record of effective teamwork and collaboration with the ability to be flexible and adapt when needed
- has a positive attitude and is detail-oriented complemented with excellent communication skills
- is capable of balancing competing priorities and working in a fast-paced environment
- is eager to learn, responsible and consistently looking to improve the process, and focuses on quality
What we offer
We offer you an interesting and varied work in an organisation with a long-term commitment to its clients and ambitious growth strategy in marine and transport insurance. It is an exciting work environment to use your skills and for self-development. We at Alandia are an enthusiastic team with a good team spirit and always ready for new challenges.
You will be situated preferably at our head office in Mariehamn, but for the right person a posting to either of our offices in Stockholm or Helsinki could be possible. It is a full-time permanent position.
For additional information please contact Jan Limnell, Commercial Marine Director.
Alandia is an insurance company with focus on Marine, Cargo and Leisure Boat insurance. With over 80 years of experience Alandia provides superior marine insurance expertise and claims service to its customers by creating long-term relationships in a committed and accountable way. Headquartered in Aland islands and with offices in Helsinki, Stockholm and Gothenburg Alandia employs approximately 120 professionals.
We will be evaluating candidates ongoing and would encourage you to send in your application, CV and salary requirement as soon as possible but not later than May 21st. Please do so by using the link: https://career.alandia.com/jobs/1152039-compliance-specialist
Jan Limnell, Commercial Marine Director, +358 18 29659, firstname.lastname@example.org